Yeah, neither can we.
With a ridiculously long list of airline rules and regulations, it can be easy to mix up what you can and can’t bring onto a flight. Which is why we put together this easy to reference guide!
Read on to get helpful tips on how to skip any hiccups at security…
KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON
1. Electronics: From your Gameboy to iPad, small electronic devices can be carried in your tote or carry-on backpack. Just remember that you will have to remove your laptop for screening at security, as well as any large electronics such as video cameras.
2. Medication: All prescription and over-the-counter medications can be carried on board. Some medications like liquid nutrition, are subject to additional screening and should be announced to scanners upon arrival at security.
3. Valuables: It is always a good idea to keep your precious jewels in your carry-on. While it is not a requirement it is a best practice, just in case, your luggage gets lost or misplaced along the way. Bling bling!
4. Liquids: Remembering the allow liquid size is easy as 1..2…3.4 oz! Pretty much all liquids, gels, and aerosols can be carried on as long as they are 3.4 oz or less. Don’t forget to place them in a clear plastic bag.
5. Craft Supplies: Knitting to pass the time? Yeah, you can bring your knitting needles just be sure to leave your cutting blades at home. Making jewelry to pass the time? Miniature screwdrivers and pliers (below 7 inches) are allowed. I’m not sure what you need batteries for but if you’d like to bring them– go ahead!
6. Baby needs: Formula, milk, juice, and canned, jarred, or processed baby food are allowed to be carried on. Baby’s got to eat! Just let the screeners know before going through security to avoid additional screening.
CHECK IT, OUT
Here is a list of things you should put in you’re going to need to check…
1. Sharp objects: Anything in the blade, axe, or knife family should be checked, or left at home. We’re aren’t sure why you’d need to travel with these items, but you do you!
2. Self-defense items: Ladies, if you carry pepper spray, you’re super responsible but you are also going to get held up at security. You can bring pepper spray and other self-defense items on your getaway but they need to be carried in your checked back. Keep in mind, that your brass knuckle cell phone case may be cause for concern at security so it might be good to switch it to a basic protective phone case.
3. Sports gear: Hey there, sporty spice! Heading to Aspen for a ski trip? You will have to check your sporting equipment and we think that is a great idea! Who wants to carry large skis through the airport? Not us.
4. Alcohol: On the way to Vegas for the bachelorette party of the year? (Aren’t we all?) Travelers can pack up to five liters of adult beverages in a bottle or flask. Just keep it classy…. alcohol content should not exceed 70 percent.